New van to help needy children
TIMES OF INDIA
GURGAON: NGO Shakti Vahini which runs Childline (1098) inaugurated a new vehicle on Saturday at Bal Bhawan which will be used for the rescue of the children who are in need of aid and assistance. The vehicle was inaugurated by the joint commissioner of police, Alok Mittal.
On February 5 this year, a campaign, “cycle to liberate childhood”, was held which included a 320 kilometers ride from Gurgaon to Ajmer. The pedal yatri team used the funds generated during that campaign to sponsor the vehicle. The joint commissioner of police said that the introduction of the vehicle would help in the smooth functioning of the Childline and would ensure that and a greater number of children who are in need of assistance is benefitted.
- Workshop on Child Protection Held at Gurgaon in Collaboration With Nipccd and Childline (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Teen abused in their custody? NCPCR to ask Gurgaon police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Child protection committee to be set up soon (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Minor girl rescued from bus stand (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Rescued in Delhi two years ago, girl trafficked back to Gurgaon (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)