ADITYA DEV TIMES OF INDIA
GURGAON: A few days after the Gurgaon police rescued an eight-year-old domestic help from his employers who used to beat him up mercilessly, the Gurgaon administration has constituted a district monitoring committee and has also formed a sub-divisional level task-force to ensure that such things do not get repeated in future.
Deputy commissioner (DC), RK Kataria, also gave instructions to the concerned SDM to examine and file a case under the Bonded Labour Act in the 8-year-old domestic help case where he was tortured by his employers. Kataria also instructed to provide relief to the child victim according to the central government sponsored schemes.
The labour department was instructed to provide immediate support as per the Supreme Court guidelines with respect to child labour.
These directions were issued during the meeting of district child welfare committee, called by the DC.
The task force will have the SDM, ACP of the concerned Area, labour officer, Childline, education department, health department and district child welfare council as members of the team. The task force will develop response system to address the above mentioned issues, while the district monitoring committee will oversee their functioning, Kataria said.
The DC instructed the NGO Shakti Vahini, which runs childline in Gurgaon, to facilitate the process of defining the role of stakeholders and to prepare guidelines for police, labour officials and SDM for the implementation of various child rights acts.
Kataria added, A district-level workshop for sensitization of all stakeholders will be conducted in which prominent members from National Commission for Protection of
Child Rights (NCPCR) and National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) would be invited.
- NCPCR finds serious lapses in boy’s medical test (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Directive to ensure treatment of abused child (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- House owner who tortured 8-yr-old held, released on bail (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Childline Se Dosti Campaign – Gurgaon Childline and Shakti Vahini (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- School Outreach Programme – Childline Se Dosti Campaign – Shakti Vahini and Childline Gurgaon (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- Stake Holders Meeting With Juvenile Police Officers – Organised by Shakti Vahini in Collaboration With Women and Child Police Unit Nanakpura ,delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Childline Se Dosti Campaign – Shakti Vahini and Childline Gurgaon in Collaboration With Gurgaon Police (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- New Dimensions added to Women and Child Development Year and Review 2010 (equalityindia.wordpress.com)