GURGAON: A day after TOI reported the plight of child labourers in the city, two kids – aged 9 years and 12 years – were rescued from a dhaba in Sector 53 on Tuesday. Acting on the complaint of NGO Shakti Vahini, which works for child rights, the police registered an FIR against Kiranpal Daima.
The police have registered the FIR under Sections 24 (whoever, having the actual charge of, or control over, a juvenile or the child abets the commission), 26 (exploitation of juvenile or child employee) under Juvenile Justice Act, and 374 (unlawful compulsory labour) of the IPC.
The two children are residents of Hazaribag in Jharkhand. While the older one had been working for the past four months, the nine-year-old was brought into the city just a month back. Nishi Kant, Executive Director of Shakti Vahini, said, “We had received a complaint through Childline (children helpline number 1098).
A team of officials rescued the two children. “The kids were later sent to the civil hospital for medical tests to verify their ages,” Kant added.
- Children issues need urgent attention: DC GURGAON (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- NCPCR writes to state govt (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- NCPCR finds serious lapses in boy’s medical test (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Stake Holders Meeting With Juvenile Police Officers – Organised by Shakti Vahini in Collaboration With Women and Child Police Unit Nanakpura ,delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- New Dimensions added to Women and Child Development Year and Review 2010 (equalityindia.wordpress.com)
- Nothing is Wrong with Child Labour (socyberty.com)