THE HINDU /
A three-day workshop was organised by the Delhi Police Crime Branch at its Kamla Market office here this week to sensitise its personnel on combating human trafficking. Additional Director General Police (Central Reserve Police Force) P.M. Nair, in his inaugural address, spoke on human trafficking and its dimensions, challenges and the law enforcement agencies‘ response to the problem. Subsequent speakers touched upon the role of non-government organisations in the prevention of human trafficking and investigation techniques and court rulings related to it. The socio-psychological aspects of the problem and post-rescue care were also discussed.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Vigilance) Garima Bhatnagar, Apollo Hospital doctor Achal Bhagat and Advocate Ravi Kant of non-government organisation Shakti Vahini were among the speakers. Forty police personnel took part in the workshop that concluded on Thursday.
- Minor girl rescued from trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Married man caught selling Assamese minor for Rs 1.5 lakh (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- ‘Special’ police station in Faridabad (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Workshop on Child Protection and Violence Against Women Held at Faridabad in Collaboration With Police Department (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Workshop on Child Protection Held at Gurgaon in Collaboration With Nipccd and Childline (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- ‘Human trafficking’ victims saved (bbc.co.uk)