NGO Shakti Vahini that runs a child helpline (1098) flagged off a special vehicle on Saturday. The vehicle will be used to rescue children in need of aid and assistance. “This step will give a new dimension to the childline project through which many children can be saved from various kinds of exploitation,” said Alok Mittal, JCP. He added that the NGO has rescued more than 600 children in need of care and protection since its inception in 2006.
“Many of the children have been united with their family while the rest are in shelter homes,” the JCP added.
- Workshop on Child Protection Held at Gurgaon in Collaboration With Nipccd and Childline (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Teen abused in their custody? NCPCR to ask Gurgaon police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- 23 kids rescued, 5 held for abduction (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Minor girl rescued from bus stand (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Child rescued, but not rehabilitated (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)