Delhi police have arrested a 41-year-old man and rescued nine minor girls who were trafficked from Assam to work as domestic helps in Delhi. Police said the accused, Munna Chaudhary, runs a placement agency in Rajouri Garden of west Delhi. “A team of anti-human trafficking unit of the crime branch along with NGO Shakti Vahini raided the premises of Rajdhani Placement Agency at Rajouri Garden and rescued the girls,” DCP (crime) Ashok Chand said.
Chaudhary later disclosed that he had been running the agency for six years. “After being brought to Delhi by agents, the girls were handed over to the placement agency. The agents were paid R12,000 per girl as commission by the agency and the latter charged R20,000 to R25,000 from people who hired the girls,” Chand added.
Police said the accused also collected the girls’ salaries but never forwarded the same to their parents. “All the girls have been sent to Nirmal Chhaya on the Child Welfare Committee’s directions,” Chand
- Notorious Trafficker Arrested – 9 Victims Rescued. (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Girl rescued from the clutch of human trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Many owners of domestic help placement agencies trafficking, raping women: Report (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Human traffickers’ gang busted in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Interstate human trafficking racket busted – Delhi Police (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Traffickers in police net, 9 minors rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Two arrested for human trafficking, nine rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Minor girl rescued from trafficker (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Flesh Trade Racket Busted , Two Touts Held in Haryana (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Complaints of growing abuse by placement agencies in Delhi (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)