Children Home to be set up in Gurgaon soon
A group of child survivors of various difficult circumstances have appealed the Deputy Commissioner of Gurgaon for institutionalizing the Child Welfare Committee in Gurgaon. The group has come forward to get the issues related to child rights prioritized in the city. The Deputy Commissioner assured the team for the sitting of the five members Child Welfare Welfare Committee in Gurgaon soon. In the meeting of the officials of all the district administration organize by the Shakti Vahini, CHILDLINE in the DC office today the Deputy Commissioner also felt the importance of a Children Home in Gurgaon. He suggested Shakti Vahini team to get in touch with the Department of Women and Child Development, Govt. of Haryana. The Deputy Commissioner said, “Shakti Vahini is one of the competent organization to run a children home in Gurgaon, so the organization can take the initiative and work in close coordination with the Govt.” “The CHILDLINE, Gurgaon is doing wonderful work in Gurgaon for the best interest of the children in need of care and protection as Children are the vulnerable section of our society and we should do whatever we can to help our society grow as a healthy society” he added.
The meeting was organized as a part of the CHILDLINE LINE SE DOSTI Campaign aims to make million dosts attended by Sub Divisional Magistrate, Chief Medical Officer, Assistant Deputy Commissioner, District Child Welfare Officer and the officials of other department.
During the CHILDLINE LINE SE DOSTI campaign Shakti Vahini is also reaching out to the Residents Welfare Organization in Housing complexes for a campaign on zero tolerance for Child Labour. Nishi Kant , Executive Director Shakti Vahini, who will be heading the programme, said, “Our team of counsellors will visit all the concerned stakeholders and co-ordinate and sensitise the officers as to how to sensitively handle cases of child abuse and child rights violations.”
Mr. Kant said “During the period of 2011-12 (April-September) CHILDLINE, Gurgaon has intervened 126 cases of Child in need of care and protection. We have conducted many rescue operations of the child labourers in the brick klins, dabhas, tea stall and other business establishments with the help of the Labour Department. Out of these 216 victims, most of them have already been united with the family and the rest are in the children homes. The victims are from different states of India. The states like West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, and Orissa are highly prone to child trafficking. As a part of this project we are providing direct assistance like medical, shelter, protection from abuse, repatriation, death, missing children, intensive counseling, On phone like emotional support and guidance, information and referral to services for the caller, information about CHILDLINE, and long term rehabilitation of the needy children.”
Shakti Vahini has also done two police sensitization programmes on Child Rights during the last one year. Shakti Vahini is working very closely with Police department to make Gurgaon Child Friendly. In this regards the organization is also taking the support of Citizens Groups like the Pedal Yatri and different Resident Welfare Organizations.
- Campaign helps kids make ‘dosts’ (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Sex racket busted in Gurgaon, two held (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Cycling miles to spread smiles (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Child rights body criticizes police inaction (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Bengal Police arrests Gurgaon Job Firm Staff (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Three young women rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Three Day Training Programme of West Delhi Anti Human Trafficking Unit Held in Collaboration With Ahtu Delhi Police , Crime Branch and Shakti Vahini (activistindia.wordpress.com)
- NCPCR Issues Directives in wake of Dismal Condition of Child Labourers in Coal Mines (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Trafficker from Bengal held, 5 girls rescued (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Domestic help agency owner held (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)