TIMES OF INDIA
GURGAON: In a bid to strengthen protection of child rights in the city, state department of women and child development has directed the Gurgaon administration to constitute a Childline advisory board (CAB) comprising members from police, health and social welfare departments among others.
It is to encourage better coordination between various departments working on child rights related issue. The CAB is the principal policy-making body of Childline (1098) at the city level. In a circular dated December 28, 2011, the deputy commissioner has been asked to encourage the local administrative bodies to set up CAB and ensure membership of senior most officials from departs like police, health, transport, social welfare and education. Moreover, the DC has also been directed to extend necessary support in creating awareness about the Childline helpline no 1098 in the district.
Such a mechanism will ensure convergence among all agencies that work on child rights related issues. Our NGO welcomes this initiative, said Ravi Kant, president of Shakti Vahini, which runs Childline. He added that as a part of this project, Gurgaon is providing direct assistance like medical, shelter, protection from abuse, repatriation, missing children and intensive counselling in difficult circumstances.
- Campaign to make Gurgaon Child friendly (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Soon, a roof for homeless kids (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Campaign helps kids make ‘dosts’ (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Children Rescued From Sex Abuse in a Joint Raid by Shakti Vahini and National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Soon, city to have shelter for victims of child abuse (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Spotlight On: CRIN’s Children’s Rights WIKI (researchingreform.wordpress.com)
- Childhood’s end in harsh city (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- HIV kids’ abuse: NGO home raided (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Childline Se Dosti Campaign 2012 (activistindia.wordpress.com)