“Our informer had sent a photograph of the girl and we informed Kamla Market police about it. A rescue team was formed on Tuesday morning and we have now rescued the child. We are trying to calm the girl as she is willing to give more information. We will conduct more raids in Govindpuri and Majnu ka Tilla on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning,” said Rishi Kant director of Shakti Vahini.
The brothel keeper has been booked under the Indian Penal Code for kidnapping and forcing the girl into prostitution. Police said a man named Raju in Barrackpore gets girls from poor villages to Sealdah and hands them over to a woman who brings them to Delhi. They would send a team to Sealdah to arrest the woman once they get accurate information, police added.
Another victimAnother West Bengal girl was rescued last Wednesday in south Delhi by the the Central Bureau of Investigation. The 14-year-old girl was brought from Darjeeling and forced into prostitution, a CBI official said on Tuesday.
The girl was missing from Darjeeling since November 2011 and was brought to the capital on the pretext of getting her a job. Instead, she was forced into prostitution.“The anti-human trafficking unit of the CBI received information this month about the missing girl. After intensive search operations, we rescued the girl from Munirka on February 22,” said the official.A criminal case has been registered. However, no arrests have been made yet. According to the investigative agency, since January 2012, one unit in the CBI’s special crime zone has been dedicated as the anti-human trafficking unit which is responsible for collecting and analysing data on kidnapping and abduction cases from across the country.
“Any person giving information leading to arrest and criminal action against any such gang would be rewarded with up to Rs 2 lakh,”said the official. “People having inputs about such gangs can call 011-24368638,” he added.
- Pushed into flesh trade in Delhi, a woman’s journey back home in Bengal (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Pushed into flesh trade in Delhi, a woman’s journey back home in Bengal (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Job bait used to lure women into flesh trade (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Trauma stays with them for life (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Trauma stays with them for life (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Job bait used to lure women into flesh trade (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Bhojpuri singer held for trafficking (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Bhojpuri singer held for trafficking (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Girls forced into flesh trade rescued (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- NGO’s role in human trafficking being probed (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)