NEW DELHI: A placement agency owner was arrested on Tuesday in a human trafficking case where an 18-year-old woman was raped and forced to get an abortion. The main accused Rajesh who allegedly raped the woman, co-owns the placement agency in Sarita Vihar. He has been on the run since December.
Police is on the lookout for Rajesh and also Kunti, who allegedly got the young woman to Delhi. The doctor who allegedly performed the abortion is also being questioned, said sources. Meanwhile, the Child Welfare Committee of the area has also taken cognizance of the matter on its own. The CWC has asked why the victim had not been produced in front of the committee till now.
The accused Raj Kumar was nabbed from Malviya Nagar in south Delhi where he had come to meet one Pancham, another accused in the case and also a placement agency owner, said sources.Sources said Raj Kumar claimed during interrogation he had only facilitated the abortion and not raped the girl. Police sources said that Raj Kumar told them that he already has two cases of rape lodged against him. He claimed he had not raped the 18-year-old maid and was managing the agency after Rajesh disappeared.
While working in Faridabad, the woman complained of stomachache and vomiting one day. Her employer contacted Raj Kumar and she was called back. The woman told Raj Kumar that she may be pregnant.Raj Kumar told cops that his friend Pancham then told him about a lady doctor in Madangir.
The pregnancy was confirmed and the victim was taken to a nursing home in Saket where her foetus was aborted. Acting on a tip-off, NGO Shakti Vahini informed police about the incident. The girl was rescued, but Raj Kumar fled.
Many illegal and unlicensed placement agencies in the capital, a police source said, are part of an organized trafficking racket involving women and children. They coordinate with doctors/quacks who come in handy when any girl gets pregnant. The same happened in this case too, said the source.
- One in five domestic workers in the Capital report sexual abuse (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- The NewSlaves (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Trafficking mafia killed rape victim’s mother (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Surgeon Accused of Employing Minor (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Heart of Darkness – Times of India (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Maid Service Fraud Arrested (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Baby Falak case exposes child sex racket in Delhi hotels (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Two arrested for trafficking, four minors rescued (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)