In one of the biggest rescue operations, 84 girls and boys, including 64 minors were rescued from seven different placement agencies in north Delhi’s Shakurpur. Of them, 54 were girls. The rescue operation was conducted by the joint team of Jharkhand and Delhi police and Shakti Vahini NGO.
The Delhi Police have detained seven persons to investigate into how the girls were trafficked from different parts of the country. “The raid was planned after a tip-off. A recce was done recently in 24 placement agencies in Delhi jointly by the Jharkhand police team and Shakti Vahini,” Rishikant of the NGO said.
During the two-day investigation, the team of Jharkhand police identified 24 placement agencies, who allegedly brought children from Jharkhand to the Capital, to employ them as domestic helps. The victims rescued belong to the states like Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chattisgarh, Orissa and Assam.
“These illegal placement agencies are mushrooming in the city, an issue which needs to be addressed fast,” Rishikant added.
- Bengal cops slapped bill to save girl: Mom (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Abducted Malda schoolgirl rescued from Haryana (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- Abducted Malda schoolgirl rescued from Haryana (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Trafficked maids to order: The darker side of richer India (traffickingnews.wordpress.com)
- Trafficked maids to order: The darker side of richer India (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)
- India’s maids-to-order trafficking boom (news.yahoo.com)
- Maid-trafficking reveals the dark side of “India Shining” (dawn.com)
- Bengal cops slapped bill to save girl: Mom (shaktivahini.wordpress.com)